Monday, January 16, 2006

I tried something new with the Electrolux DLX Assistent mixer! On Saturday I drove to a dairy friend's barn and got some fresh milk. I saw the cows being milked and it was warm and everything...I mean REALLY fresh milk. Anyways, after it set for awhile, Steven and I skimmed off the cream and put it in the mixer with the double whisk. It spun for about eight minutes. We did nothing but watch it. Then, the whipped cream suddenly turned into little yellow balls that soon clumped up and voila! We had homemade butter! I rinsed it under cold water and poured the leftover buttermilk into a glass cup. We hope to use that tomorrow for buttermilk biscuits. Can you believe all this?! No churning, no shaking, just stand and watch for a bit and we get fresh butter. I am so amazed, in case you can't tell!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home